List building is always a great way to put things into perspective. A while ago Shannon wrote a great post about the top 50 Reasons to Have More Sex. Then,more recently, she wrote and challenged everyone to write the 100 Reasons She Loved me. Now it’s my turn.
Here are the 50 reasons marriage rocks!
1. Married couples typically live longer
2. Married couples have more sex than single people
3. You don’t have to be in the dating world!
4. You have a built in fan.
5. You can pass gas and burp in front of them without it being a deal breaker.
6. You always have a make out buddy
7. A spouse can make you laugh even when you don’t want to
8. Married couples earn more money.
9. You have a Valentine all 365 days of the year.
10. Having someone to keep you warm at night is cozier & less expensive than an electrical blanket.
11. Sex gets better the longer you are together.
12. You spouse knows everything about you and still loves you.
13. There is always someone to celebrate with you.
14. You get to take advantage of marriage tax breaks.
15. If you have kids, there is a united front of support.
16. You always have someone to talk to.
17. Married people have less incidence of depression.
18. You have someone to take care of you when you are sick.
19. A spouse challenges you to be the best you can be.
20. and then they help you reach your goals.
21. Road trips are fun with each other.
22. You are never alone.
23. You always have a movie buddy.
24. You get to turn their idiosyncrasies that can be annoying into cute quirks instead.
25. A wedding ring on a man is hot- it’s your best accessory. (Believe me, your wife & other women thinks it is sexy)
26. You always have a sounding board.
27. You complement each other.
28. There are benefits to watching chick flicks. (guys, you hearing me? Utilize this!)
29. The longer you are married the more inside jokes you have with each other.
30. You have someone to discuss current events with.
31. When at a restaurant you can have a great time trying to pick out the first date’s vs. the other married couples.
32. No one will ever love you as much as your spouse does.
33. It’s great having someone to rub your feet or back.
34. It’s nice to be able to rub your spouse’s feet and back.
35. It’s awesome when rubbing your spouse’s feet or back turns into something more.
36. One of you can try a new dish while the other get’s the “standard” and because you are sharing, you still come out ahead.
37. When you look in their eyes, you feel that you are home.
38. You learn greater patience than you ever could as a single person.
39. You get to grow old together gracefully.
40. You have a built-in cheering section.
41. You have an opportunity to practice service & love daily.
42. They’ve “got your back”.
43. They believe in you when you might not.
44. They remind you of who you really are.
45. You have a hand to hold when you go to the doctor for scary tests or procedures.
46. Your give/receive muscle gets exercised daily.
47. There’s someone to laugh at your jokes.
48. And someone to tell you the truth when no one else has.
49. It’s an exclusive journey only the two of you will ever share.
50. Marriage is a glorious adventure of growth, refinement, evolution & love!